I reduced Bullet 2.83 to a single C++ header file.
Largely to see if I could … hey - SQLite say a 5% - 10% speed boost when they did this right?
… oh - and to ease adoption I guess … maybe …
I used a slightly complicated Scala script that I’m not interested in examining again … for now …
Basically; I took the 2.83 stripped variant of Bullet and used a Scala program to digest it.
I walked all of the files following the preprocessor
#include commands while sprinkling
#line directives into place to keep the line numbers correct.
I had to force a few bits to happen in a specific order, and there were some trivial functions (two I think) that were declared twice, but I think that it worked.
I certainly passed a “hello world” Bullet test … so it worked for my woefully inadequate testing.
Anyone who adheres to Sean Barret’s philosophies may be amused by this.
I’d like to have a smaller version of Bullet to work with.
Smaller footprint, no serialisation, drop the aligned allocators, remove as much
virtual as possible.
… but definitely, keep the option to use
double … cause … y’know ; VR!